Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Kingsville during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC at 361-214-1203 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.