Summer weather in Kingsville can be a bear. But you don’t have to pick between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility costs. We’ve put together some tips to make it easy.
The best thing you can do to stay comfy and sustain energy efficiency is by servicing your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® suggests keeping your system running dependably and efficiently, and Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC is here to make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll do the following tasks recommended by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to make sure there’s safe operation of your system and the chance of a longer lifecycle for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as need be. Dirty coils require your system to operate longer to do its job.
- Check system controls to make sure of accurate and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to be sure of accurate system airflow.
Another critical piece to remaining cool is regularly inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter may increase energy expenses and damage your equipment, which may lead to untimely failure. Our Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC experts will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to set up your own schedule to change them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home cool and energy-efficient:
- Look at thermostat settings to be sure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- If it’s cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the crisp air cool your place for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to hold on to the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a bit higher than you regularly would without feeling any changes in your comfort level.
- Another style of fan people often forget about when they’re working to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to take care of the heat and humidity from your house.
- Try not to leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even everyday activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like extra ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC at call at 361-214-1203 or request an appointment with us online.