If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats let you control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, therefore they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. A smart thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and change the temperature accordingly.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more accessible and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to start researching them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, sometimes it’s hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and alert you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC in Kingsville at 361-214-1203. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.