Spring is in the air here in Kingsville and that means vacation plans are around the corner. While you’re sorting through what you need to pack and take with you, don’t forget what is left behind, your home. The Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC team has some helpful advice that will work to keep your home safe and help save some money on your utility bills while you go on a well-deserved vacation.
- Install Timers - Timers are an economical way to make your home seem as though you are home by turning off and on the lights as if you never left. It’s a good idea to program your lights to coincide with your usual schedule.
- Enlist the help of a house-sitter - If you have a reliable friend or family member, ask them if they’d mind stopping by and [[checking in on|check up on|look over]18 the house while you’re away. There’s no greater relief than a text while you’re out of town letting you know that everything at home is perfect.
- Wait to share - We aren’t going to ask you not to share photos of your awesome sabbatical on social media, but try to wait until after you are back to post information about your trip. Family and friends most likely already know you’re leaving so there’s no need in letting potential criminals know your intentions. Everyone will be just as enchanted by the fantastic things you saw after you safely return home.
- Hold the Mail - The USPS has made it easier than ever to put a hold on your mail you can do it online right now.
- Unplugged - If an electrical item is plugged in, even if it’s not on, it’s using energy. An effortless way to save some energy while you’re on vacation is to unplug a couple of your electronics. Something that you may not have thought of unplugging is your garage door. It will save you energy and it will also be another safeguard for your home.
- Adjust the thermostat - If you’re not going to be home there’s no sense keeping your home heated and cooled to your comfort level. If you have a digital thermostat you can set the thermostat back to your comfort level so you arrive back to a safe, cozy home.
These are some simple tips to add to your spring break prep checklist, right after finding the perfect bathing suit. If you have any questions about securing your home this season or want to talk about additional energy saving tips, give Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC in Kingsville a call at 361-214-1203.