As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature continues to fall, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter quickly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when it’s time to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a shout at 361-214-1203 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t waver in giving Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC in Kingsville a call at 361-214-1203. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.