According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts must be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you see if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are completely opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there an obstruction in your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or fuzz from your pet’s hair?
5. Have bugs or rodents fashioned a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers driving out dust?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to contact Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC in Kingsville about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to protect your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule periodic HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC. A regular inspection of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Examining your system regularly and replacing the air filter when needed will also help keep your ducts open.
Other ways you can help maintain your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let debris in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and put in new filters when required.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in poor or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts open will help you make sure the air in your Kingsville home is clean. Don’t forget to use these preventative steps and schedule a professional duct cleaning when needed. Call the experts at Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC at 361-214-1203 or schedule an appointment online.