Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Kingsville season, have the experts at Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC perform your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illicitly discharging it to the environment.
- Check for proper airflow in the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We advise looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC today at 361-214-1203.