Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Kingsville is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC in Kingsville at 361-214-1203 today.