You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you find small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make sure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting accustomed to the current temperature, try adjusting it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC technician is over for your annual furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 361-214-1203.