One of the most vital parts of the winter is staying cozy and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is vital throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more necessary. Winters in Kingsville are always changing and the chilliest days can often pop up on us, sometimes when your furnace is unprepared. So, before you call in a professional technician, here are a few things you can examine first:
- Check your filter – grimy filters are one of the most common causes of sudden furnace failures. Air has a harder time traveling through filters once they are grimy or dirty, causing the system to switch off on some occasions. The older the furnace, the more difficult it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are created to find clogged and dirty filters before further problems arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can counteract these problems and keep you warm.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or sign on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to replace out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to neglect little things like the settings of your thermostat. Double-check this important step, especially if there was a recent increase in temperature that may have caused you to change the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, find the breakers that operate your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On position. If it is Off or in the middle of the two positions, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that appears to look like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can often be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is usually the issue with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only require a few minutes to reboot.
Walking through these steps is an easy and effective way of ensuring the productivity of your furnace before you set-up a call to your Kingsville professional. If there are still issues after you have gone through these steps, you will have a much better idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the issue might be. If you have questions or need to set up a repair, call Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC in Kingsville.