Living at ease in the summer can be taken for granted, mainly until you feel a taste of anxiety with an air conditioner breakdown. It can occur at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and unexpectedly recognize how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so hot wrapped in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be the moment for an air conditioner replacement.
More often than not, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be operating properly, but it still says that the temperature is beyond 80 degrees. It’s often times caused by an ancient or faulty air conditioner that requires a call to the experts to find out what’s wrong. There are many explanations why air conditioners stop working, especially taking into consideration the weather in Kingsville. Here are a couple of things that you can examine for before you call Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC if you think your air conditioner has quit working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your outdoor air conditioning system that helps move the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you scrutinize your system and find that the fan isn’t working, it means that the heat movement isn’t transpiring, causing the warm air to stay in your home. This malfunction can also cause overheating of the compressor and other potential internal harm to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most familiar problems that Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC sees. These unclean filters in your air conditioner lower proper airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really problematic when allergy season comes around. Filthy air filters can also lower the efficiency in your home and increase your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always look for an barrier or obstruction in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can initiate your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and slow down.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t concealed by furniture or other home items, also.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also slowed down from exterior obstructions near your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is deterred, it can change it’s cooling capacities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned frequently to decrease the likelihood of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve completed these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t operating, here are a list of questions and additional checks that you should inspect and answer to get your system up and running again. (Only go to the next question if the system doesn’t start after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature fixed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL spot?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box intact or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things fix your system procedure, call Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC at 361-214-1203.
Don’t let an air conditioner malfunction or replacement keep you restless at night. If you follow these procedures and keep your system under routine maintenance, you should have you air conditioner working again in no time. Our team at Four Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating LLC in Kingsville is always here to assist – give us a call at 361-214-1203.